Before booking your cruise, please click HERE to check if your country of residence is allowing guests to cruise in your selected destination.
All guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of embarkation. To be considered fully vaccinated:
- Your final dose in a 2-dose series of the Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, or Novovax vaccine or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine must be completed within the last 9 months (270 days) and at least 14 days before embarkation.
- A “mix-and-match” combination of the above list of vaccines is accepted.
- Guests 12-17 years old are considered fully vaccinated if they have completed the primary vaccination cycle - 2 DOSES OF VACCINE (in accordance with local regulations).
- If more than 9 months (270 days) have passed since receiving the two set of vaccine shots, a booster vaccine will be required to embark, with the exception of guests 12-17 years old.
- Please note: 2 doses of a non-European Medicines Agency (EMA) approved vaccine plus a European Medicines Agency (EMA) approved booster (including Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Novavax) will be accepted for embarkation only if the booster shot was given within 6 months of receiving the second vaccine shot and administered at least 28 days after receiving the second vaccine shot.
- Note: For guests sailing on board MSC Lirica, Sinovac, Sinopharm, and Sputnik V vaccines are also accepted.
- Guests who recovered from COVID-19 and received only one shot of the vaccine are considered fully vaccinated, as long they have received their vaccine or have recovered from COVID-19 within 180 days prior to the final day of your cruise and have a verification certificate or QR Code confirming as such.
- Guests who received the full set of vaccines and have either received a booster shot or recovered from COVID-19 are considered fully vaccinated and their certificate is considered valid without an expiration date.
- Guests must present their original vaccination card or certificate reflecting all required vaccinations at the pier upon check-in.
- The vaccination certificate must be valid for the duration of the entire cruise.
- Guests who have recovered from COVID-19 within the last 6 months and have a verification certificate or QR Code confirming as such AND provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR or antigen test taken within 48 hours before embarkation will be allowed on board. Guests will need to show an EU Digital COVID certificate or equivalent valid documentation. Note for MSC Opera: Guests over 18 who have boarded MSC Opera with a COVID-19 recovery certificate and negative test, will need to repeat a COVID test free of charge in the terminal at La Goulette before going ashore in Tunisia.
COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS:
- All fully COVID-19 vaccinated guests 12 years and older are required to show proof of a negative antigen or RT-PCR test taken no more than 2 days before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal. MSC Cruises may provide additional testing, if necessary, at the terminal during embarkation or on board to protect our guests and crew.
- To note: An antigen self-test is not accepted for embarkation.
- Requirements for fully vaccinated guests under 12 years old are the same as testing requirements for guests 12 years and older who are fully vaccinated.
- All guests not fully vaccinated (all guests under 12 years of age, given our vaccination requirements) are required to show proof of a negative RT-PCR test taken no more than 2 days before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal.
- These guests may undergo an additional COVID-19 test at the terminal prior to embarkation provided by MSC Cruises, free of charge. The only exception is that no pre-embarkation or embarkation testing is required for guests under 2 years of age.
- MSC Armonia and MSC Lirica embarking in Piraeus (Athens): additional COVID-19 testing may be required, however, if guests provide proof of a valid COVID-19 negative test result (not a self-test), within 24 hours before embarkation, no additional testing is required.
Additional Travel Requirements for Israel:
- All guests who embark in Israel, must complete an entry statement within 48 hours before the ship’s departure. The declaration should be filled as an exit statement before departing https://corona.health.gov.il/en/flights/.
- All guests transiting within Israel, must complete and an entry statement before departing Kusadasi https://corona.health.gov.il/en/flights/
The original test results certificate or vaccination or recovery certificate must be presented at the terminal (paper or electronic format) and must be in one of the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish. The COVID-19 test certificate must contain the guest’s personal data (verifiable with the other travel documents), date of the test, identification / contact details of the center that performed the analysis, technique used, and negative test result.
Click here to review & accept terms & conditions and confirm that you will be fully vaccinated at the time of your cruise.
TRAVEL INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- All bookings are required to purchase travel insurance with coverage for COVID-19 through your country of residence. If purchased from MSC Cruises, this must be purchased prior to making final payment on your booking. You must either purchase insurance through MSC Cruises or present at the pier documentation of sufficient coverage purchased from another provider, or you will be denied boarding.
View our FAQs for additional details regarding Vaccine, COVID-19 Testing, and Travel Insurance requirements.