GRAND VOYAGES & MSC WORLD CRUISE: TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. RESIDENTS
FULLY VACCINATED GUESTS & CHILDREN 2 - 11 YEARS OLD
Before booking your cruise, please click HERE to check if your country of residence is allowing guests to cruise in your selected destination.
VACCINE & COVID-19 TESTING REQUIREMENTS:
The exact protocols for the next itineraries are subject to change and will adapt according to the evolution of the pandemic and local requirements. Information will be updated on a regular basis when available.
The original test and vaccination certificate must be presented at the terminal (paper or electronic format) and must be in one of the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish. The COVID 19 test certificate must contain the guest’s personal data (verifiable with the other travel documents), date of the test, identification / contact details of the center that performed the analysis, technique used, and negative test result.
- All bookings are required to purchase travel insurance with coverage for COVID-19. If purchased from MSC Cruises, this must be purchased prior to making final payment on your booking. You must either purchase insurance through MSC Cruises or present at the pier documentation of sufficient coverage purchased from another provider, or you will be denied boarding.
- A Passenger Locator Form (PLF) may be necessary for all guests before entering Italy. Click here to view and fill out the Passenger Locator Form.
- In order to enter Spain, guests will also need to fill out a Health Control Form (HCF) before entering the country. Click here to view and fill out the Health Control Form.
- In case we need to reach out for important updates about your cruise, please complete web check-in as soon as possible by completing web check-in.
View our FAQs for additional details regarding Vaccine, COVID-19 Testing, and Travel Insurance Requirements
TERMINAL & EMBARKATION REQUIREMENTS
FULLY VACCINATED GUESTS & CHILDREN 2 - 11 YEARS OLD
As per our stringent MSC Health & Safety protocol, all guests both vaccinated and unvaccinated will need to undergo some health and COVID-19 screenings, including a COVID-19 test (when required), a health questionnaire, and a contactless temperature check, at the terminal before boarding.
For a seamless embarkation process, please make sure to review our health and safety protocols in place in our terminals and to bring:
- A printed copy of the embarkation form (available in your cruise ticket)
- A printed copy of the mandatory health questionnaire duly completed and signed within 6 hours prior to the embarkation (available in your cruise ticket)
- The original COVID-19 test and vaccination certificate (paper or electronic format)
- Proof of COVID-19 insurance clearly showing the COVID-19 risks coverage
- Valid identity document
We will deny boarding in case of:
- Symptoms including but not limited to fever (>99.5 F/ 37.5 C), cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle/body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat and loss of taste/smell within 14 days prior to embarkation
- Potential exposure to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to embarkation
- Temporary travel restrictions based on local circumstances. For example, certain countries may deny visas or prohibit entry based on travel history or nationality.
- Failure to provide the proof of the mandatory COVID-19 insurance policy (which must be in one of the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish)
ONBOARD, ASHORE & DISEMBARKATION REQUIREMENTS
ON BOARD REQUIREMENTS:
Face masks are required for all guests when in public areas, except when seated in restaurants, bars, lounges, and when sitting on the sun deck.
If you become symptomatic during your cruise, you will be required to take a RT-PCR test on board (covered by MSC Cruises).
More information can be found in the FAQ section
For the best ashore experience, we recommend all guests explore destinations with the comfort, convenience, and safety of an MSC Cruises Shore Excursion, bookable pre-cruise and on board.
Some excursions will require an official COVID certificate to access some venues (I.e. museums, churches,…) to participate in any event.
Guests will be able to go ashore independently according to local requirements which are continually monitored and subject to change. Guests who are traveling with unvaccinated children are also able to go ashore independently.
Visit our Shore Excursion FAQ section for more information.
A COVID-19 test may be required to return home. It is the responsibility of each guest to ensure they are in compliance with any local regulations related to COVID-19 testing when returning to their final post cruise destination. In addition, a PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM (PLF) may still be necessary for national or international mobility requirement. It is every guest’s responsibility to verify these requirements before departure. For more information, it is recommended to check your country’s official requirements.
Guests traveling to Italy from Brazil (from 6 to 12 years) must have a negative COVID-19 test result from a molecular swab test taken a maximum of 72 hours before arrival, or an antigen test, taken a maximum of 24 hours before arrival in Italy.